Thursday, May 16, 2013

Long time No Post

hello world! It has been a verrrry long time since any posts have been made! There is no excuse! I haven't been doing much of anything, besides getting a new puppy!! So my pet kids number is up to 4. Newest addition is a chihuahua named Zeus. Pretty sweet little guy and the cats don't hate him but they don't love him, but hey I am just glad our cat Clyde stopped puking every time the pup came near him.
Zeus! 








Our Loving Pet Kids






So about a week ago my husband and I were sitting out to lunch when we decided that we needed to get healthy and lose some poundage.(as we were eating ginormous delicious burritos) We made a plan and went shopping for the supplies we needed ; clothes, shoes and GNC stuff. When we got home we suited up and went out for our first mile and a few hours later we went out again. Since then I have been going out twice a day two miles in the morning alone and three miles in the afternoon with my husband when he gets home! We  drink tons of water during the day and also cut back a TON on our calories. Its not easy, my knees are killing me, I have band aids on my heels, and all I want is to eat my whole kitchen BUT I am determined to drop this weight. 

I have been spending a lot of time on the fitness and health section of pintrest to find recipes that wont kill our diet. I've found tons of stuff that's super helpful!! It gives me ideas for my morning protein shakes and how to substitute things in meals. My favorite things I have found this week are cauliflower rice and banana muffins!


Cauli-Rice
The cauliflower rice or what I call it Cauli-Rice, has to be one of the most amazing ideas someone has come up with. Honestly.. amazing. One serving of white rice is going to run you about 50 calories a serving size is 1/4 cup!!!!!! SERIOUSLY that's a joke.. who is going to be full after one serving.  For the same amount of calories of cauliflower you could have TWO CUPS!!!!!!!  Plus it is tons better for you. Cauli-Rice is easy to do. Chop it in to florets, throw it in a food processor, pulse about 4-5 times BAM you have cauli-rice! Just microwave it for about two minutes and its ready to eat! Your welcome for discovering this. :-D


I have been craving sweets like crazy.. but everything I have in my house is full of stuff I am not suppose to have. I searched and found a recipe that was already  low calories(pin) but I figured I could fix it up a bit and make it a little better.. and I did!! Original pin was 16 servings 130 calories each. I got it to 12 servings 107 calories each! I used a muffin pan instead of making it in a loaf. If you wanted smaller portions 16 servings would be about 80 each. 

FancyBananaMuffins

Dry: Sift together
3/4 c All-Purpose Flour
3/4 c Whole Wheat Flour
Deliciousness on a platter

1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Cinnamon

Wet: Mix together
2 Egg Whites OR 2 tbs ground flax seed+6TBS water
1 c Mashed Banana
1/4 c Applesauce, unsweetend
1/2 c Granulated Sugar
1/4 c Truvia
1 tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Combined Dry with Wet, Prep muffin cups with non stick spray. Put 3 TBS batter in each cup. Bake 15 mins 

I hope to post more fancy things and update our progress! 





No comments:

Post a Comment