Thursday, January 24, 2013

Crochet!


A couple months ago, being newly unemployed I needed a new hobby( besides baking). So I decided to teach myself how to crochet. I started by looking on Pintrest of course to see what kind of projects I could start with. From there I used YouTube to watch videos of tutorials of the stitches and and other things. My first project was a headband! It was a little big and stitches a little weird and uneven but I was excited to finish it and the headband looked really close to what it was suppose to..sorry don't have a picture of it! After that I made A LOT of flowers they are super fun, easy and fast to make. I was getting pretty comfortable so I figured I was ready for a big project and my husbands birthday was coming up in a few days.. What husband doesn't wish to get a crochet item for his birthday! After thinking a while I decided on a throw blanket. I thought it would take a couple days to do so I had to get started soon! Little did I know what I had got myself into! Lets just say his birthday was over a month ago and I still haven't finished it! Its taken a lot longer then expected and a lot of yarn! Here are some pictures of the blanket in progress!

About half done
Up close

Mug Cozy
My cat Dax follows me where ever I go and he is always in the way. I moved him out of the picture 3 times before I just gave up.. haha But here it is... My goal is to finish it next week! This week I worked on a gift for my cousin. A coffee mug cozy! Really simple project and small. Im going to make a coaster to go with it!
Also works as a cat neck warmer!



1 comment:

  1. You totally need to update this with all three pics of the gatos with their sweaters! Doooooo it, lol.

    ReplyDelete