Friday, January 11, 2013

Flavored H2O's

With the start of the new year my resolution was to drink more water!!! Simple enough right? I love my soda but i know its not good for me. I started looking for ways to consume more water, make it flavorful so it makes me want to drink it. I found a bunch! These waters are suppose to have additional benefits as well as give your water some extra flavor. This week I made two Lemon Cucumber and Apple Cinnamon.

Lemon Cucumber                   

2 lemons
1/2 cucumber
10-12 mint leaves
1 gallon water
Slice up lemons and cucumbers very thin, toss in bottom of pitcher, fill with water and refrigerate 8 hours.
Supposed benefits : The lemons are suppose to create a natural detox to remove impurities from your body, cucumbers to help with skin, acne and the mint is soothing!
My thoughts: I loved it! I was worried that the lemons would be overpowering and the cucumbers would have no flavor. I could taste both and I loved the cucumber in it! I didn't have any mint so i skipped it but I will make it again with it next time.

Apple Cinnamon

1 apple (any)
1 cinnamon stick
1 gallon water
Slice up apples very thin, toss in bottom, fill with water and refrigerate 8 hours.
Supposed benefits: To boost your metabolism!
My thoughts: I think this is my favorite of the two. I was definitely skeptical of it, I love apple cinnamon flavor but I wasn't sure if it was fitting for water but it seemed to work! I didn't have cinnamon sticks and I even went to the store to get the apples and I forgot to get the sticks! Oh well, good thing I'm a quick thinker I used a coffee filter and a bread tie worked out great! 

Overall I am SUPER satisfied with both of my waters and I will be making one or the other everyday! I might even try a new one! 

Lemon Cucumber
Apple Cinnamon


My Fancy Cups

No comments:

Post a Comment