Sunday, January 13, 2013

Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Bites

Today I wanted a quick, project that didn't require much effort and an easy clean up! MY first thought was dessert! Chocolaty or fruity : fruity. Heavy or light : light. Hot or cold : cold. Fruity, light and cold what I found were these Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicle Bites. When we moved to Oregon we literally sold everything out of our old house and left with what fit in my two door Pontiac Sunfire, remember we have three cat babies so they took up the majority of the backseat. So that being said we are very limited with kitchen supplies! So here goes the project! 

Blueberry Cheesecake Bites
12 oz package frozen blueberries (defrosted)
1/2 cup cream cheese (soften)
2 cups cool whip
6 tbs powdered sugar

The Supplies

Blueberry Mash








                                               
Directions
1. Mash the blueberries. Since I do not have a actual blender I used this immersion blender that I got for Christmas! I love it and I use every chance I get!

Blended
2. Blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar and berries until completely combined

3. Fold in the cool whip


4. Put into ice trays or Popsicle molds. I don't have either so I used a metal tray lined with wax paper. worked great!


5. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid. 

6. Enjoy!



Fold
Spread



Finished!
Another success! These little guys were amazing! I'm sure these would work great with any other fruit frozen or fresh! You could alter the ingredients if you want them to be lower in calories or fat by using light cream cheese and fat free and or light cool whip. I think the next time i make these I will even try a different fruit! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment