Monday, January 14, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Bars

 As I mentioned before, my husband and I had nearly nothing except our three cats and a couple blankets (and of course my KitchenAid stand mixer) moving up to Oregon. Luckily my grandfather lives about an hour away! So when when moved into our naked apartment he came down for a visit. He brought us a kitchen table, a couple pots/pans, a camping tent,wind up lantern, some jackets, six pairs of gloves, two sets of smoke alarms both kinds, and an apocalypse size stash of dry/canned food. 
so many cans
stash continued..
In the stash he brought down there were four boxes of instant oatmeal. We don't really eat oatmeal, so I have been trying to find a creative way to use it. I found two pins for oatmeal cookies (pin1&pin2). I bake cookies a lot and neither one of them seemed to look right so I made up my own.

Oatmeal Cookie Bars
7 oatmeal packets (any flavor)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
The Supplies


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350.  

Step 2&3
 2.Mix melted butter, oil, and sugar until well combined

3. Add eggs and vanilla

4. Add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon 

5. Fold in oatmeal 

6. Spread into baking pan and bake for 20-25 mins until starts to 
get golden brown
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6
Golden Brown

Pile of Cookies!
Well I think think they turned out great! The taste and consistency was awesome! You could make them into actual cookies, just cut the time down to 10-15 minutes, I made bars because I only have a brownie pan! I'm glad I found use for some of the oatmeal, now I just need to find a way to use up 42 cans of potatoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment