Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Spa Day!

After the long day of pasta and dinner making yesterday I decided to take a break and give myself a at home spa day.. kind of :D I made a hair mask and a facial scrub. Both of which I found on Pintrest! (pin1&pin2). All the items for the mask and the scrub I always have handy in my house! Since moving to Oregon, my hair has just totally hated me.. being dry and unmanageable. I don't like conditioner too often because it just makes my hair heavy and haven't found one that doesn't do that yet. And for the facial scrub.. who doesn't like a good facial scrub every once in a while! I actually love them, always makes my face nice and smooth I just love the feel of my face after! 

I was scared of the hair mask because I have never used one and really wondered if it would work.. Its not like I am using any crazy chemicals so I didn't have anything to lose!

PreCombined
What You Need
1/2 Avocado
1/2 Banana
1 Egg
2 tbs Olive Oil
Plastic Wrap

Directions
Put all ingredients in bowl (except plastic wrap)
Blend all together until completely smooth
Wrap with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes
Rinse out with COOL water. You don't want scrambled egg head.
Wash really well with shampoo

Smooth 
Head Wrap












Pretty hair!
Results: This stuff smells sooo yucky I like all these ingredients alone but together... not so much BUT I will do this again I love the way my hair feels! It is extra soft! Next.. Facial Scrub!













The Supplies
Lemon-Sugar Scrub
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Lemon Juice


Directions
Mix juice from lemon and the sugar, more or less to get right consistency. Scrub face rinse and done!


Scrub,Scrub,Scrub!

Paste

Smooth!
Results: I loooovvee the smell of lemons so this was amazing. I really like the feel of the sugar crystals massaging my face and it was super easy!



2 comments:

  1. Did the facial scrub help moisturize your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you should, the lemons dry it out a bit more but it takes all the dead skin off! makes it smooth !

    ReplyDelete