Sunday, January 13, 2013

German Pancakes

This morning I was looking for a nice and easy pin for Sunday morning breakfast. Luckily when I went on pinterest, it was the very first pin on the page! I had made something like this many many years ago in a 7th grade home ec rotation and I hadn't made it since, even tho I rather enjoyed it. So since Husband was on his way home I had him grab a few things, most items tho can be found in your kitchen already.  But here is the original pin. It only needs to cook for 20 minutes in the oven.

My directions are going to be rather vague since the post shows it step by step. Just need eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, butter, and powdered sugar if you fancy it.


I used soymilk because I don't like cows milk...the smell just gets to me. It turned out the same in my opinion.


So first you preheat the oven, then mix everything but the butter and powder sugar..the butter is used in the pan to keep it from sticking...although, we had a bit of sticking.




Monster Mountain Cake!
Starting to Rise

Its cool to watch the batter rise, once it leave the over and starts to cool, it will flatten though.


I served it with blueberries, strawberries and bananas. Oh, and a little extra powdered sugar!


I think it turned out very yummy. It does have a thick eggy texture. Its pretty weird, but pretty yummy.The edges remind me of french toast. Overall, great recipe and very easy!

1 comment: