Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Easy Fresh Pasta & Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls

For the longest time I have wanted pasta maker attachment for my KitchenAid mixer for years but just didn't have the money to get one. This last year I finally got one! My parents bought me one for my birthday!!! Right after I got it my husband got his new job and we got busy with moving and such so no time to test it out... Well today I decided to try it out! I have never made fresh pasta, so this was going to be a pretty big task for me but I was ready! I figured that I would pair it with one of my husbands favorite pasta dishes Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls...Lasagna noodles rolled up with alfredo sauce, mozzarella and shredded chicken the are pretty much amazing. So for the pasta I found this pin. It was helpful, but kind of annoying that I had to keep hitting the "next" button...In the end it worked out. I will also put the recipe for the alfredo sauce and directions for the lasagna rolls because they are so awesome that it would be unfair of me to keep it a secret!.
Pasta Supplies

Easy Pasta
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour

Directions
1. Pile flour and then make a well in the middle
2. Crack eggs into the well of flour.
3.Mix the eggs gradually adding flour.


4.Once all combined, knead the dough until smooth. About 8-10 minutes
Just combined
Almost there
 
Done

5.Cut the dough into quarters wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 mins before rolling out.



 6.Use your fancy pasta roller-outter to the size that you want!

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls                       Directions               
About 3 cups shredded chicken                      1.Preheat oven to 350                 
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese                2.Cook the fresh pasta for 3 minutes. Rinse            
2 cups Alfredo sauce                                      with cold water and pat dry.
6 lasagna noodles ( 9 if using premade dry)      3.Spread about 2tbs of sauce on the pasta 
                                                                   sprinkle with cheese and chicken.
Fancy Roll
                     4.Roll up and put in greased baking pan.
                     5.Top the rolls with remaining sauce and 
                     cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until top is 
                     golden.

                                                                   
 Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup butter
1 tbs garlic(we like a lot of garlic you can reduce it)
2 oz Neufchatel cheese
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp oregano
2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
1.Melt butter over medium heat add garlic and cook for 2 don't let it burn
2.Add Neufchatel cheese. Whisk until melted and creamy
3.Add heavy cream, bring to light boil, add oregano and whisk for 12-15 minutes 
4 Add parmesan!
Dax is ready for dinner!

Good luck in your pasta making adventures! I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment